Does Your Business Have A Plan For Every Emergency?
Do you own a business? Do you have a plan for when an emergency happens? Where are your water shut off valves located and who do you plan to call when you need help?
50% of businesses that may never recover after suffering a disaster.
SERVPRO offers emergency ready profiles for big and small businesses for FREE and we keep them updated when you make changes to your building!
ERPs may benefit you and your business by saving your property, reducing the amount of damage, and overall saving your business money! Below is the SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage:
- A no cost assessment of your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Give us a call today at 816-232-7711 if you aren’t sure what to do when an emergency occurs at your business!
Check Out These Home Maintenance Tips To Do Before Summer Hits
Another Nickel posted this recent article that can be very helpful for those trying to save some money this summer around the house! https://anothernickel.com/vital-home-maintenance/
It has tips from insulting your attic area more properly, to turning down your water heater. Try to make your home work for you by knowing what energy is being wasted and what is being used. Here are some other key ideas the article has for saving money:
- "Childproof" Your Outlets Even If You Don't Have Kids"
- Use WD-40 For EVERYTHING!
- Change ALL Your Air Filters
- Clean Your Refrigerator Coils!
- Seal Your Sidewalk Cracks
Here at SERVPRO, we are all about improving your home and your life! Make some simple adjustments to your house to improve your life!
Mold Prevention and Remediation
Mold is caused by excess moisture in an area, whether that be your house itself or the items inside your home! The removal of mold is usually very time consuming and expensive!
What To Do If You Suspect Mold
A great place to start if you believe you might have mold in your home, is to call SERVPRO of St. Joseph! We do mold remediation! Mold can not only affect the structural property but also the items within a home so be sure to check thoroughly.
Mold can be prevented if there is proper moisture control in the area. The best plan for you as a homeowner though, is to get to the source before mold begins to appear! If you do not properly know how to clean up water damage, fix leaks, or other related water problems, call an expert! If water is not fully removed from surfaces or items, the chance that mold will grow rises.
According to the center for disease control and prevention, “Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all.” Depending if you or your household members are sensitive to mold, it may cause problems! Check out the Center for Disease Control and Prevention Website for more information about mold, how to prevent it, how it arrises, how to remove it, and how it can affect your health! https://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm
If you think you might have a mold infestation to your property, visit our website https://www.SERVPROstjoseph.com/mold-remediation for more information or call SERVPRO of St. Joseph at 816-232-7711 today!!
Office Manager Amber Flinders Is Expanding Her SERVPRO Knowledge
Meet Amber Flinders! She has been our office manager at SERVPRO of St. Joseph for 14 years. She is an asset to our business while overseeing all office operations and handles all of the invoicing and collections. Her responsibilities in our office are endless, but she always has a smile on her face and a positive attitude! She is also certified in crew training, water, fire, carpet & upholstery and contents management. Right now she is working extra hard completing advanced Xactimate Training to be even more prepared and skilled for her job with many hats. This training is showing her new skills to take on as well as refreshing her on current knowledge. We appreciate all you do for this company Amber, thank you so much!
Get Prepared For Severe Weather
With more severe thunderstorms on their way in our area, be prepared with these safety tips from the American Red Cross!
- Learn about your local community’s emergency warning system for severe thunderstorms
- Discuss thunderstorm safety and lightning safety with all members of your household
- Pick a safe place in your home for household members to gather during a thunderstorm This should be away from windows, skylights and glass doors that could be broken by strong winds or hail
- Make a list of items to bring inside in the event of a severe thunderstorm
- Make trees and shrubbery more wind resistant by keeping them trimmed and removing damaged branches
- Protect your animals by ensuring that any outside buildings that house them are protected in the same way as your home
- Consult your local fire department if you are considering installing lightning rods
- Get trained in first aid and learn how to respond to emergencies
- Put together an emergency preparedness kit
- Review the Be Red Cross Ready - Thunderstorm Safety Checklist
Understanding what to do before, during, and after severe weather hits will make your life much easier! Contact the local office in St. Joseph, Missouri at 816-232-8439 and visit these links from the Red Cross for more detailed information to keep you safe!
Prepare For Your Memorial Day Outdoor Grilling With These 9 Safety Tips
On average 8,900 home fires are started by grills each year!
As grilling season approaches, be sure to take proper safety precautions to prevent any damages! According to NFPA, "In 2013-2017, grills, hibachis or barbecues were involved in an average of 10,200 home fires per year, including an average of 4,500 structure fires and 5,700 outside or unclassified fires..."
Nationwide has 9 tips for a safe grilling season and here they are:
1. Grill outside and away from any structures.
2. Make sure your grill is stable.
3. Keep your grill clean.
4. Check for propane leaks on your gas grill.
5. If the flame goes out, wait to re-light.
6. Take care around the grill.
7. Be careful with charcoal starter fluid.
8. Wear the right clothing.
9. Be ready to put out the fire.
Keep your home, family, and yourself safe by following proper procedures to prevent fire damage! We are here to help 24/7 if things do go wrong; just give us a call at (816) 232-7711!
Water in the ceiling.
SERVPRO of St. Joseph is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 816/232-7711
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of St. Joseph has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of St. Joseph
SERVPRO of St. Joseph specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of St. Joseph will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 816/232-7711
Large loss equipment
Flooding and water damage events at area commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of St. Joseph
SERVPRO of St. Joseph specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Winter weather Pointers
SERVPRO of St. Joseph specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Andrew and Buchanan Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 816/232-7711