Fire Escape Planning
Does your home or business office have a plan to escape the building safely if a fire occurs?
According to Missouri Department of Public Safety
Here are some tips to think about when preparing your escape plans:
- Draw a map of each level of your home and show all doors and windows. Find two ways to get out of each room. Make sure all doors and windows that lead outside open easily.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you cannot help them.
- Have a plan for everyone in your home who has a disability.
- Practice your fire escape plan at night and during the daytime.
- Close bedroom doors before going to sleep.
- Designate a meeting spot outside of your home a safe distance away to ensure that all family members are safe.
- Remind family members that once they are out, it is important to stay out. You should never go back into a burning building for any reason. If someone is trapped in the home, allow firefighters who are equipped to enter the home to rescue them.
- Only purchase collapsible escape ladders evaluated by a recognized testing laboratory. Use the ladder only in a real emergency.
SERVPRO wants everyone to stay safe and be prepared for emergencies. If you do have a fire and need damaged property restored, we are here to help! Just give us a call at 816-232-7711!