Temperatures are dropping. Here are a few pointers to help protect your pipes.
- check sprinkler systems. make sure they are turned off and drained.
- Locate your main water shut-off and shut it off for the winter.
- Remove exterior hoses.
- Protect any pipes exposed to the cold. wrap them with insulation.
When Temperatures stay below freezing:
- Open cabinet doors to pipes that are on exterior walls to let in warmer air.
- Keep water running trough the pipes, even a small trickle.
If your pipes do freeze:
- Shut off the water immediately
- Thaw pipes with warm air.
- One pipes are thawed be careful and slowly turn water back on checking joints for any cracks or leaks.
Please take the time to protect your pipes this winter.