Prepare For Your Memorial Day Outdoor Grilling With These 9 Safety Tips
As grilling season approaches, be sure to take proper safety precautions to prevent any damages! According to NFPA, "In 2013-2017, grills, hibachis or barbecues were involved in an average of 10,200 home fires per year, including an average of 4,500 structure fires and 5,700 outside or unclassified fires..."
Nationwide has 9 tips for a safe grilling season and here they are:
1. Grill outside and away from any structures.
2. Make sure your grill is stable.
3. Keep your grill clean.
4. Check for propane leaks on your gas grill.
5. If the flame goes out, wait to re-light.
6. Take care around the grill.
7. Be careful with charcoal starter fluid.
8. Wear the right clothing.
9. Be ready to put out the fire.
Keep your home, family, and yourself safe by following proper procedures to prevent fire damage! We are here to help 24/7 if things do go wrong; just give us a call at (816) 232-7711!