If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (816) 232-7711

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Charging Your Phone In Bed May Cause A Fire

8/27/2019 (Permalink)

Where do you charge your phone at night?

With more kids home over break - pay attention.  

Make sure that your phone charging location is a safe, hard surfaced, non-hazardous location to avoid burns and possible fires. Charging cords become damaged after being worn down, and with the right material in contact, could cause a fire. Many young adults and teenagers charge their phone under their pillow! International Business Times discusses the risky habit here! Take these steps to avoid possible fire damage or injuries:

  • Make sure to discuss the proper charging locations.
  • Do not use chargers if the cord has been damaged.
  • Do not charge phones under or in between pillows.
  • Invest in safe charging stands for your children and household.

If a fire does happen, big or small, SERVPRO of St. Joseph can help restore your property! Give us a call at 816-232-7711

Other News

View Recent Posts